Here are some things that you might not have known about the Texan.
1. Naturally blonde Leighton became a brunette specifically for the Gossip Girl audition
2. She met Adam Brody in 2010 on the set of The Oranges. They got married in February 2014 and welcomed their daughter Arlo Day in August 2015
3. She has admitted to being addicted to texting. Welcome to the club, Leighton.
4. If she wasn’t an actor, she would have liked to be a writer
5. Leighton was born while her mother was in prison for drug trafficking
The actress used to be afraid of people finding out this fact, since she believed it would make it more difficult for her to get roles.
6. She has one tattoo: a blue flower on the inside of her left wrist
7. She speaks fluent French and visits France whenever she can
Source:The Huffington Post
8. The only city she loves more than Paris is New York City – her favorite city in the entire world
Source:About Leighton Meester
9. Her best friend is actress Emmy Rossum
10. When she was younger she modeled for Ralph Lauren and Limited Too. Later, she became the face of Herbal Essences, Jimmy Choo, and Vera Wang
Source:Fashion Gone Rogue
11. Somewhat akin to Blair and Serena’s complicated relationship on Gossip Girl, Leighton and Blake Lively did not talk to one another at all
Some reports claim that Leighton did not appreciate Blake’s negative comments about the show in public
12. Before she discovered acting, she used to take ballet and jazz lessons and was set on becoming a professional dancer
13. Her musical style has been compared to singer-songwriters such as Tori Amos and Joni Mitchell. Besides Joni, she lists another Canadian as a great influence: Neil Young
14. In high school, she used to love wearing the Vera Wang Princess perfume. When Vera Wang asked her to star in a perfume ad, it was even more special
15. Leighton truly hates going to the gym and avoids it when she can. Refreshing!