Even though libraries are like the citadels of silence, they are a magical place to be in. Walking into one means entering the wondrous world of books. Starting from the smell of paper, to the thousands of shelves holding uncomprehensible amounts of knowledge, and the beautiful silence, everything seems peaceful and perfect.
But did you know librarians, too, have a sense of humor? You would think you are not even allowed to speak, when, suddenly, you notice them trying to make you laugh in impossible ways. So contrary to popular belief, humor is not forbidden in a library. Quite the contrary is true, judging by these 19 photos collected by BoredPanda depicting the work of creative librarians who surprised their visitors with impeccable wit.
1. When you enter a library and you look for the librarian… Only to find this cute Panda.
2. When libraries troll their patrons in an awesome way!
3. They know how it feels
4. When you see this at the entrance of your college library
5. “Please do not let in the cat”
6. That’s right! It’s a simple rule you should always follow!
7. When the librarian dresses as a book reaper to collect overdue books
8. Mystery, indeed!
9. Creativity and wit at their finest
10. When you go to a library, but you end up in Interstellar
11. When your local library is taking people’s mugshots
12. Please do what they say!
13. Who said that librarians don’t have a sense of humor?
14. Just some random facts
15. “I like big books and I cannot lie”
16. The wisdom of the great Julius Henry Marx
17. You gotta love this library!
18. When you open a drawer in the library and find this cute message
And then you decide to turn around to see who’s watching you!
19. One of the students lost a turtle in the library
However odd this might look, the picture was not staged!
And this is why reading Harry Potter makes you a better person, according to psychologists.