1. Maddie has been dancing with the Abby Lee Dance Company since she was 2
Source:International Business Times
2. She first appeared on Dance Moms in 2011 when she was only 8 years old
3. Sia was actually the one who asked Maddie to appear in her music video for “Chandelier”
She had seen 11-year-old Maddie on Dance Moms and asked her to dance in the video on Twitter.
Source: New York Post
4. Maddie was unaware she would be the only dancer
She thought her role would be the one of a backup dancer and was fully expecting to actually swing from a chandelier.
Source: Pinterest | Queen Maddie
5. She was featured in Sia’s controversial “Elastic Heart” music video with Shia LaBeouf
She says the hardest part was having to punch Shia, even though he told her it was okay.
“He wouldn’t move on until I really punched him hard. I was so scared, but I went ahead and punched him really hard. That was the hardest for me because I don’t want to punch someone, bite someone, or slap someone in the face,” she admitted.
6. The third and final Sia music video she appeared in was “Cheap Thrills”
Maddie continued to perform the songs with Sia at various shows.
Source: E! Online
7. She’s made appearances in several well-known shows like Pretty Little Liars, Drop Dead Diva, and Austin & Ally
8. Her latest project and first ever feature film is The Book of Henry with Naomi Watts, Jacob Tremblay and Dean Norris
Source: Daily Mail
9. In 2016, she appeared as a judge on So You Think You Can Dance: The Next Generation. Paula Abdul and Jason Derulo were her fellow judges
On working with these stars, Maddie said, “They just want me to have a good time. I feel really relaxed when I’m with them because they’re so chill and not crazy at all. They’re all really nice.”
10. She admits to having a major obsession with Zac Efron
Source: Twitter | @dancemomscutiez
11. She’s good friends with Millie Bobby Brown from Stranger Things
Reportedly, Millie was a huge fan of Maddie and had watched all of her episodes on Dance Moms.
12. Maddie has done extensive modeling including campaigns for Target and Ralph Lauren
13. Maddie regards tap dancing as her forte and her personal favorite
Source: Pinterest | Nely💗 Monaros
14. She’s very charitable and is partnered with Starlight Children’s Foundation, Dancers Against Cancer, and the Dizzy Feet Foundation
15. Time Magazine named her one of the “30 most influential teens” for two years in a row