Although it might be early for the whole prom fuss, early prep doesn’t do any harm.
Here we have a pretty useful article for the ladies when it comes to one of the most important things: makeup! If you have already picked up the dress and out the hairstyle, but have no idea how to do your makeup, here are some of the most important tips and tricks collected by Victoria Moorhouse from stylecaster.com
As you may already know from all the tutorials all over the internet, contouring can count as the discovery of the century when it comes to makeup tips and tricks. No matter how simple it may look, contouring definitely has many details to be taken care of. Bearing in mind the importance of the prom night, we found the best tips and tricks according to celebrity makeup artist Carissa Ferreri, a master in the area. She gives us the perfect tips on how to create four individual looks that flatter your brows, lips, eyes, and cheekbones. Take a look at the illustrations along with the extremely useful advice and learn how to contour like a pro!
1. HOW TO HIGHLIGHT BROWS
- ‘You can go with simple makeup or a bolder look’ – Ferreri says your brows can handle either – however you have to make sure you are brushing them through to avoid a ‘stencil’ look.
- For a natural look, you will need two different colors for your brows. On the inside of the brow apply the lighter brown color while the darker shade should be used to highlight the arch. According to Ferreri, you should set the entire look with gel in order to keep it in place.
- Expert Ferreri explains that using a winged liner, either black or another color, will make your eyes look bigger and longer.
- Another tip for highlighting your eyes is to pick colors for a shadow that will help them pop. “Blue eyes look amazing with bronze colors, oranges, and warm browns. Green eyes should try plums, grays, and cool browns. Brown eyes can play around with navy, warm colors, and earth tones,” she explains.
- In order to highlight your lips, you must coordinate your cheek color to your lip color. “Choose a blush in the same color family as your lipstick. If you’re wearing a bright pink lipstick, opt for a soft pink blush. If you are wearing a coral lip, choose an apricot flush on the cheeks. Red lips? I like to go neutral on the cheek color with an emphasis on the cheek bones,” explains Ferreri.
- Another important thing is to prep your lips before you apply lipstick. All you need to do is exfoliate and moisturize them before the big event. “It’s very easy to make a homemade lip scrub using sugar and coconut oil,” says Ferreri.
- And lastly use a lip liner in order to prevent any unwanted smudging.
- Finally, “the best way to highlight your cheekbones is by shading in the hollows of your cheeks using a matte bronzer or contour palette with a gray undertone,” says Ferreri. She also explains that this works for most light to medium skin tones.
- The final step is blush, which she explains you should buff in, along with the shimmer, on the apples of your cheeks. “This will create a ‘glow’ and give the face dimension,” she advises.