Those of you who have had the experience of planning and preparing for the prom know what it’s like.
Finding the dress is hard enough, but then you need to pick out the correct hairstyle, makeup, accessories and of course, can’t forget, the shoes.
One important part when it comes to the makeup/accessories (I’m not too sure how to classify it) are the nails. Heck, they even need a category of their own.
Nails are important both ways: manicure and pedicure. Pedicure because maybe you might be wearing open-toe shoes, but if this isn’t the case, then you best focus on just the manicure.
And, to help you out with that all-important manicure, to make sure your nails look as good as they can, we have a great design idea for you.
Specifically, these gorgeous mix & match black & white nails, perfect for the prom
cutepolish never fails to impress us with their manicures, and this gorgeous design that they have prepared is no exception.
This is what you’ll need to make this design happen:
-Clear base coat and top coat
-White nail polish
-Black and nude nail polish (or any two colors that match the important dress)
-Optional nail decals and nail glue
Once you have all these tools, time to create this amazing design
1. Apply a clear base coat to your nails to protect them.
2. For the first design, which is a floral lace one, draw two diagonal lines using the striping tool and white polish, creating an “X” pattern
3. Add about six more diagonal lines going in either direction, creating a lattice pattern
4. Outline it with a white polish
5. Dip the dotting tool in white polish for the flowers
6. Add some leaf accents as a finishing touch
And you’re done! For the remaining nails, I would suggest painting them black or any other color that matches your dress
You can also add some decorations to further match your outfit, like the rhinestones on these particular ones?
Would you wear this design to prom? Share your thoughts in the comments!