Each decade had its own specific things it’s remembered by, and for those people who weren’t born or alive in that decade, they just simply won’t understand any of it. In this example, let’s take a look at some things people who are under the age of 20 will simply never understand.
1. No guys, it’s not just a save icon
Source: Instagram | @cabbagecatmemes
2. The nightmare that was VHS tapes
3. Film cameras
These days, we’re used to digital cameras and being able to transfer the photos to any device immediately. Back in the day, it was a very different story.
First, you couldn’t see any of the pictures until you use up your film, and when you finally did use it up, you had to go to the store to get it developed, while hoping that they actually turned out good. If they didn’t, you would have to do it all over again.
4. An appreciation for real grunge music
Don’t tell me that you love Nirvana if you only know “Smells Like Teen Spirit.”
Source: Etsy | tappingtonandwish
5. Chris Cornell
This influential singer died recently, and due to his heavy influence on Audioslave and Soundgarden, he will forever be missed by the older generation.
6. Computer mice
Back in the day, computer mice looked like this. If the ball stopped moving, you would have to take apart the mouse just to get the ball to move again.
7. Before uTorrent and Bittorrent, there was LimeWire
8. You won’t be able to appreciate the ’90s family shows that dared to get a little controversial and tackle real world topics.
9. This amazing screensaver
Windows XP still is the greatest thing Microsoft ever created.
10. Before modern cars had Bluetooth and smartphone connectivity and satellite radio, audio systems looked like this
6 or 7 preset tracks, two knobs, a few buttons and sliders, and a glorious audio tape player.
11. Anyone who’s owned a Gameboy knows the struggle
The early Gameboys had really badly lit screens, and you had to have a really strong light to be able to see what’s going on. And unless you were willing to import from Japan, all Gameboys ever had screens like this. Well, the most prominent ones (the original, Color and Advance) did anyway.
Source:The Meta Picture
12. Staring at the TV guide channel for far too long because you weren’t paying attention the first time it looped around
13. Overhead projectors!
You would get instantly bored when the teacher whipped out one of these old boys.
14. Blowing into your video game cartridges
Early NES games had a tendency to get wonky sometimes, and the most common solution that everyone did and is made fun of a lot on the internet was to blow into the bottom connectors on the cartridge. To this day, I still don’t know if this actually does anything or is it just another funny joke dreamed up by the internet.
Source: Bacon Sports
15. Concerts were very different
These days, you go to a concert and it’s full of people waving their smartphones with the flashlights turned on. Back in the day, people went to concerts to have a good time.