Nostalgia is a cool feeling. You remember something from your childhood, and then you see it once again as a grown adult, and it just brings back an amazing feeling. Well, amazing is subjective, as when you see that item you fondly remember, you’ll either see it in an immortalized form (a video on the internet, let’s say), or you’ll see its modern form and it won’t be quite as amazing as you remember it, rendering it disappointing.
Here are some photos taken in the past and comparing them to what the items in them are like today. Prepare for some heavy nostalgia.
1. Nickelodeon Studios
From fun to freaking boring.
2. Remember the Sun from the Teletubbies?
This is her all grown up. I don’t wanna be that guy, but you feeling old yet?
3. This is how far gymnasts at the Olympics have come
4. The fall of Cartoon Network is something we’re all familiar with
I mean, don’t get me wrong, I enjoy The Amazing World of Gumball from time to time, and I certainly enjoy Adventure Time, but you can’t beat Powerpuff Girls, Johnny Bravo, Dexter’s Lab, Ed, Edd and Eddy and all the rest of them.
This is Pokemon in its modern form, with Nintendo’s cash-milking Amiibos being prodominant. I prefer the original.
6. Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher then and now
7. Steve Urkel is no longer the dork we remember
Not gonna lie, he looks like he came out of jail in the photo on the right.
8. Jurassic Park, a never-ending story
9. “New York, New York, I want to wake up in that city that doesn’t sleep…”
10. The evolution of video game graphics has transformed Lara Croft
Remeber the old, boxy, unrealistically proportioned Lara from the early days of Tomb Raider? I know you do.