Anyone who has ever worked retail will know what a thankless and completely exasperating job it is. Dealing with the customers’ ridiculous demands and claims with a fake smile plastered on your face… It’s an experience you wouldn’t wish upon your worst enemy. Often you feel like you could just start screaming or simply curl into a fetal position and cry. But you keep buggering on, day after day, while slowly losing all faith in humanity… Here are 30 examples, courtesy of Diply, of people and their retail-related struggles.
1. Yes, of course the touch didn’t work properly. You need to peel off the protective film first!
Source: Reddit | Salter91
2. Oh, you’re closing? *walks in anyway* – FML…
Source: Instagram | @djaytron
3. Read the goddamn door sign!
Source: Reddit | Chaseman69
4. You clumsy oaf! I- I mean… it’s not a problem, sir, I’ll take care of that…
Source: Instagram | @literateus
5. That’s why you don’t let customers into the restroom
Source: Reddit | noleggedmonkey
6. In your face!
Source: Instagram | @amydotbeth
7. At least they’re honest…
Source: Reddit | Baitnik
8. Her ill-mannered daughter dumped a bunch of clothes on the ground after trying them on, so mum here did the civil thing and helped clean up
Source: Instagram | @dieselgirl78
9. The uniform is a pretty obvious clue…
Source: Reddit | SBrooks1
10. You – ! Do you have any idea how hard it is to get the coins off the counter?
Source: Twitter | @retailjoblife
11. Performing exorcisms is above my pay grade, lady!
Source: Reddit | [deleted]
12. Dealing with people is amazing.
You never know what to expect! They always manage to surprise you! And that’s a good thing! Yes, definitely good!
Source: Instagram | @retail_twerkers
13. I’m the cashier.
I don’t run the joint. I have no power here!