No teenage generation is complete without some rebellious behavior. I know you’ve seen them. You’re sitting on the bus, everything is calm, and you see them outside doing something they probably shouldn’t do, with those mischievous smiles on their faces.
According to a post written by Dr. Carl E. Pickhardt, rebellion in teens can pop up from the age as low as 9 years old. It usually means that the child is going against its own interests and most of all, going against all the rules and not wanting to obey to any of them. They aren’t sure about themselves at that stage so they rebel against the rules until they find a way out.
If your child has rebel issues, then don’t worry, they just mght grow out of it before you know it. Although, rebellious does not always mean bad. Sometimes it’s the teenager’s way of finding out more about their personality and aspirations in life. And mohawks are no longer a sign of danger.
So, if your child is a hard-working student and okay with doing an occasional dish or taking the trash out, but has an affinity towards tattoos and green hair, don’t beat yourself up. You might be raising a fun person, actually. Or, it’s something that you can smile about at family reunions, 20 years later.
1. Emo is one of those phases that a lot of teens go through. They look much better as adults, though
2. The punk years
3. Yes, even pandas can be rebellious teens. Here’s proof!
4. Much better hair nowadays
5. It looks like two totally different people!
6. Look at that metalhead hair
Became A Fireman, If I Talked To Myself 8 Years Ago And Said You Would Cut Your Hair And Become Part Of The Fire Department I Would’ve Never Believed Myself
7. From an emo drug addict to a video game developer
8. From emo to marketing consultant
9. She still decided to keep the brightly colored hair
10. 10 years make all the difference
11. This guy became an infantryman for the US Army.
12. From a black-wearing Britney Spears hater to a Britney Spears lover
13. Full-time web developer and mom. Both of these photos are that person.
14. Emo with green hair, because of course
15. This lady teaches high school freshmen not to do things that she did.
16. Emo turned Mp. in the US Air Force
17. I’m glad he got rid of most of his hair
18. His hair at 15 might get the ladies excited, without the red bit
19. A trainer for the bank and owner of a property
20. Eyeliner on fleek… okay maybe not
So yeah, maybe – let your kid be.