The Movember Foundation raises funds for research and support programs for prostate and testicular cancer, as well as other men health issues. It has launched in 2003 and has been globally recognized becoming a worldwide phenomenon for its interesting approach to raising funds and encouraging men to take care of their health.
Over the past fourteen years, the foundation has raised around $769 million and funded over 1.200 projects.
Movember is best known for challenging men into growing a mustache during the month of November. The aim of this symbolic gesture is to “change the face of men’s health” by increasing cancer detection, diagnosis and effective treatments, which will enable men to lead longer, healthier and happier lives.
November might be over, but men around the world continue raising awareness for critical male health issues by growing epic beards and mustaches. To encourage guys not to stray from the path of facial-haired-epicness and their close ones to embrace their bearded men, here are the most dramatic transformations from baby-face to lumberjack, courtesy of BoredPanda.
1. From child to man
2. From a contemporary Scandinavian to Viking
3. From a three-day-stubble to epic beard
4. Clean-shaven and aged 40 in 2001 vs. Bearded and aged 54 in 2016
5. Beard and health update: ten months cancer-free
6. Before and after growing a beard
7. Have fun with this little transformation
8. “Compared to last year’s militarily restricted attempt, my participation in Movember has… grown.”
10. “This is what one year of growing a beard looks like.”
11. “From February ’till today. Please take note of the extremely weak chin.”
12. Before and after
13. “For me looking at old pictures is like traveling back in time and watching a mental movie of someone else’s life.”
14. What a difference a year makes
15. Patience is key
16. “Not sure if eligible for ‘Yeard’ as I trim the beard on a regular basis these days, but alas, here it is: a year ago vs. now.”
17. “Kinda crazy the difference a couple of months can make.”
18. “That’s my transformation. What do you prefer?”