Pockets first appeared in Europe in the 13th century and they were so practical they instantly gained popularity. Pockets are an amazing invention, because obviously, they allow you to store certain stuff in them. Of course, sometimes they can be really annoying.
Here’s 15 reasons why pockets suck, to go along with this gallery from Diply.
1. Fake pockets really shouldn’t exist
Reddit | candytrip
2. Shallow pockets also shouldn’t exist
What are you supposed to do with this?
3. Back pockets
If you’re not gonna give us front pockets, at least give us back ones!
4. You probably own a pair of shorts where the pockets are slightly longer than the bottoms of the shorts
Worst feeling ever, especially when you put something in them.
Unsplash | Calvin Lupiya| Diply
5. Notice how pockets always seem to turn themselves inside out?
It’s like they have a mind of their own.
Instagram | @consultingpolymath
6. And the insides of the pockets are completely different colors to the pants themselves!
For no good reason I can think of.
7. Guys don’t have it much easier when it comes to pockets
Pockets in men’s pants just become the phone holder that women’s pants don’t have.
8. Having your wallet in your back pocket is not very comfortable
9. Really tiny pockets
You know, those that are so small that they leave a strange-looking bulge?
10. And then there are those pockets where everything falls out when you sit down
11. And it’s not just pants
Pockets in jackets aren’t exempt from all these shenanigans.
Twitter | @Khaelyna
12. Like pants, jackets also have pockets that are too small for anything
13. Babies get full sized pockets but girls don’t!
How’s that fair?
Instagram | @big_deede
14. Dresses with pockets are awesome though
15. Zippers are the absolute worst
The epitome of evil in humanity.