Whenever you watch a cooking show, you may ponder how life is easier for all the chefs out there. They really must know a ton of kitchen hacks and have thousands of ideas on what to eat. In reality, it isn’t quite so. They do know some good tricks, but the good news is, they like to share them with you, too. Scroll down for 18 awesome-anyone-can-do hacks, that’ll have you racing to the kitchen to try them out!
1. Grated butter is the best!
If it is cold, even better. The butter will be easier to mix.
2. Use the large part of the eggshell to pick up some leftover shell in the dish.
3. How to check whether an egg is fresh.
If it floats, it is better to throw it away.
4. Freeze the leftover wine.
Put the leftover wine in an ice tray and use these cubes for cooking in the future.
5. The perfect way to peel an orange.
You only need to cut and follow the steps. No rind under your nails!
6. You will no longer have smelly garlic hands.
All you need to do is place the garlic in a bowl with a lid. Then, shake it as hard as you can and it will peel itself.
7. How to perfectly heat something in the microwave.
If you create a hole in the middle of the plate or the bowl, you will heat your food faster and more evenly.
8. Put the ice cream in a bag.
In this way, it won’t freeze so hard so it’s easier to scoop.
9. Put a grip-mat under your cutting board.
It will stop the chance of your cutting board slipping out from under you.
10. Get rid of the excess water.
If you put a paper towel in your salad, it will take away the water.
11. How to stone cherries.
It is very easy. Use a small stick to stone your cherries into a bottle.
12. Dental floss for cutting food.
Dental floss will cut your dessert in a perfect way. Use the unscented floss, though.
13. Roll out a lemon before you use it.
Using your palm, roll your lemon out before usage. In this way, you will get much more lemon juice.
14. Cold wine in just a few seconds.
Freeze some grapes and put them in your glass to cool immediately. Looks pretty and it won’t dilute.
15. The perfect way to peel ginger.
Try using a spoon.
16. How to stop your pot from boiling over.
This is probably the simplest kitchen hack. Just place a wooden spoon over the top of your pot, and it won’t boil over.
17. A stuck jar lid
It is helpful if you have plastic gloves lying around the kitchen. They will help you open the jar.
18. How to get clear ice.
If you want to impress your party guests, boil water for five minutes before you place it in an ice try. Notice the difference.