If you’ve tasted Raffaello (and you’re a coconut lover), then you know that it’s probably one of the most magnificent sweets ever invented.
It was brought to the market in 1990 by the manufacturer, Ferrero, and it easily became one of the world’s favorite confectionery. The praline is a spherical wafer, which is filled with a white milk cream and white blanched almonds.
What we have here is the ultimate dessert for any Raffaello, almond and coconut lover out there.
A Raffaello Cake.
For about 12 servings, you’ll need:
Almond Sponge Cake
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup (100g) ground almonds
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp (5g) almond extract
White Chocolate Coconut Frosting
- 7 oz (200g) white chocolate
- 3 tbsp (45g) canned coconut milk
- 9 oz (250g) Mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups (500g) whipping cream, 35%fat, chilled
- 1/4 cup (30g) powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup (40g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp (5g) coconut extract
Assembling and decorating
- 1 cup (240g) canned coconut milk
- unsweetened shredded coconut
- Chopped almonds, optional
- Raffaello truffles, optional
- White chocolate curls, optional
The instructions are in the video, presented in detail so you don’t miss a step in the process. The result is probably one of the best cakes you’ve ever tasted.
This is what Ella, who owns the Youtube channel Home Cooking Adventure said about the cake: “It has a great texture and an amazing flavor, not too sweet, not too dry, due to the amazing white chocolate frosting and coconut milk used to soak each layer of cake. The cake has a delicate almond and coconut flavor and is hard not to fall in love with it from the first bite. Try it out, I am sure it will be a crowd pleasure.”
So, Shall we try this? Let’s get started!