Are you struggling with so-called neck fat? If you want to start changing the way your neck looks like, you need to start changing some of your habits. Altering your lifestyle and exercising is a good start, but it can solve the issue neither quickly nor permanently. You also need to pay attention to your food intake, as well as consuming enough water during the day. Here is what you can do to overcome the neck fat issue.
There are some simple tricks and exercises which can help you get rid of neck fat and with these additional tips, you can solve the problem without much effort.
Where to start?
First, set your mind on reaching a particular goal. Determination and positive attitude are beyond important here. Also, don’t forget to be realistic as you can’t lose weight overnight. Start with a realistic goal. You can also consult a fitness expert.
When you gain weight, the fat can accumulate in your neck. You can tone your neck muscles by changing some of your lifestyle habits.
6 simple ways to reduce neck fat
1. Change your diet
Start by switching to a more balanced diet. Here are some useful tips:
- consume lean meat, vegetables, dairy, whole grain, and fruits
- take care of your protein intake
- eat smaller portions
2. Drink plenty of water
Water is crucial to your body’s normal functioning. It will also keep your skin hydrated and help you lose some weight. If you are a juice lover, try unsweetened fruit juices. It’s always best if you eat the whole fruit instead of the juice. Don’t dehydrate too much by drinking coffee, alcohol or Gatorade.
3. Consume healthier carbohydrates
Switching to healthier versions of carbohydrates is very important. Try consuming whole-grain carbohydrates, which are rich in fiber and help with weight loss. Eating them will make you feel fuller for a longer period of time. Also, you can try eating leafy vegetables.
4. Include lean meat
Avoid fatty meat, and opt for lean meat such as chicken and fish instead. They are a good source of protein that builds up your muscles. Make sure the meat is always fresh and comes with less sodium.
5. Avoid saturated fats
Saturated fats add weight to your body and don’t provide any nutrition. Say goodbye to fast food and frozen dinners or desserts made in factories.
6. Don’t slouch while sitting
This will affect your neck muscles. If you slouch, it will make them weaker and fat will deposit around the neck. Sitting straight up is the best way. Keep your head high and smooth that fat around your neck!
Exercises to help you reduce the fat neck
Always remember to start with moderate exercises, before slowly increasing the intensity. Exercise minimum 30 minutes for at least three times a week. Remember that you need to lose some weight all over the body to see any difference in the neck.
Include regular exercises such as jogging, cardiovascular exercises, biking, dancing, yoga and aerobics to slim down the neck. Do these regularly for best results.
Simple exercises for toning your neck
These will make the fat less visible and the neck muscles more defined.
1. Stand straight up or sit straight and slowly move the neck upward. Keep your eyes fixed on the ceiling and your mouth closed. Tilt the neck back and then start a chewing action. Go like this for 30 seconds, then bring the neck back. Repeat the exercise 2 more times.
2. Stand up in a straight position and close your mouth. Then, widen your lips and tilt the neck back. Stay like that for 30 seconds. Rest and repeat 2-3 times.
3. Stand straight or sit in an upright position with your head tilted back. Look up and move your lips as if kissing. Stay like that for five seconds and repeat 10-15 times.
4. Stand up straight or sit upright and open your mouth wide. Then, cover the bottom teeth with the bottom lip. Contract and expand your lower jaw 15 times.
Here are some more tips on how to get rid of the double chin and tone your neck muscles.