Try To Solve Einstein’s Riddle That Almost No One Can
“Imagination is more important than knowledge.” – Albert Einstein
Einstein was one of the extraordinary masterminds who changed the course of human history during his lifetime. He made an ultimate impact, not to theoretical physics, but on humanity too. It seems like is the most used reference for intelligence. His prominent and truly significant work has revolutionized the scientific world and changed the way we understand the planet we live on.
Do you know that Einstein supposedly made one of the hardest riddles in the world when he was just a boy?
There is one other theory that Einstein didn’t actually write this riddle but rather Lewis Carroll, the author of Alice’s Adventures In Wonderland wrote it. However, there isn’t proof that that’s the case. In fact, it still remains as ‘Einstein’s Riddle’. Did you know that this riddle can be solved by only 2% of the world’s population? Are you up for a real brain teaser? Challenge accepted, right?
The riddle reads: There are five houses in five different colors in a row. In each house lives a person with a different nationality. The five owners drink a certain type of beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar and keep a certain pet. No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar, or drink the same beverage. With me so far? Good because we’re just getting started!
The other facts available about the houses are…
1. The Brit lives in the red house.
2. The Swede keeps dogs as pets.
3. The Dane drinks tea.
4. The green house is on the immediate left of the white house.
5. The green house’s owner drinks coffee.
6. The owner who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
7. The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.
8. The owner living in the center house drinks milk.
9. The Norwegian lives in the first house.
10. The owner who smokes Blends lives next to the one who keeps cats.
11. The owner who keeps the horse lives next to the one who smokes Dunhill.
12. The owner who smokes Bluemasters drinks beer.
13. The German smokes Prince.
14. The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
15. The owner who smokes Blends lives next to the one who drinks water.
The big question that you need to answer is: who owns the fish? Even though it might look really simple it actually isn’t that obvious. It takes a lot of logical thinking to find the right answer.
Okay, take a piece of paper, a pen and get to work. Good luck.
Still stumped? If you are having trouble finding the answer, don’t worry, you are not the only one. Even though at first glance, this task is easy, later it turns out that it requires a lot of patience and logic. However, there is a handy video to assist you, courtesy of Auntyacid. It will show you how to solve it for yourself, so if you want to cheat you’ll have your answers!
Well, did you manage to find the answer? We got it too. Cheating or no cheating this riddle is truly difficult. All of you who didn’t get the answer yet and you still wanna try, stop reading now since there are spoilers coming up.
The answer is in the green house. Did you get it right? The fish lives in the green house with the German person who only smokes Prince cigars! Congratulations to all of you who did get it.
But without cheating. How long did it take you to solve it? Let us know in the comments and challenge your friends and family to try to solve it too.