At first, not a lot of people knew who Taylor Lautner was. But after Twilight, everyone fell in love with him and his muscles.
How did he start, though? What did his road to popularity look like? Well, let’s find out.
Are you still aboard #TeamJacob? Because it’s full steam ahead!
1. Taylor Lautner began his acting career with small TV parts.
He appeared on shows like The Bernie Mac Show, My Wife and Kids and Summerland. He also had voice-over roles in Danny Phantom and What’s New, Scooby Doo? among others.
Source: via Teen
2. Growing up, Taylor spent a lot of his life dedicated to karate and some other sports.
He had already earned his black belt by age 8, and his physical skill would carry on into his acting career.
Source: via tumblr / alpacasdoinghumanthings
3. In 2005 he earned his first starring role
Playing the titular Sharkboy in The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl, Taylor Lautner’s karate skills impressed director Robert Rodriguez so much that he was allowed to choreograph all of his own fight scenes.
Source: via Superhero Wiki
4. After that came his most important role to date: Jacob in Twilight
At first, Twilight fans didn’t like that he was cast as Jacob, but everyone soon came around. He was nominated for Male Breakthrough Performance at the 2009 MTV Movie Awards.
Source: via Zimbio
5. Because of the massive changes to Jacob Black between the first two books, he was going to be recast.
Director Chris Weitz was originally going to cast someone larger for the role of Jacob, but Taylor dedicated himself to physical training and he gained 30 pounds in muscle, allowing him to keep the role. Not only did he get to keep it, he also was credited for being a large part of the sequel’s success.
Source: via Just Jared
6. Over the course of filming the Twilight series, Lautner also starred in other films.
He had roles in films like Abduction and Valentine’s Day. While these movies weren’t that successful compared to Twilight, it was good to see Lautner diversifying his roles.
Source: via Zimbio
7. By the end of filming the Twilight Saga, Lautner had made quite the stir in Hollywood.
He was the highest paid teen actor, and he got #2 on Glamour’s Sexiest Man Alive list. You couldn’t go anywhere without hearing about Taylor Lautner.
Source: via Perez Hilton
8. He dyed his hair lavender recently, for his role in Scream Queens.
He’s also had film roles such as The Ridiculous 6 and starring in the BBC comedy Cuckoo. Lautner is always keeping busy and we love him for it.
Source: via Instagram / @taylorlautner
While Taylor Lautner is no longer appearing in his cause-to-fame Twilight series, he still appears in quite a lot of other movies, and our love for him hasn’t changed one bit.
Remember to stay true to #TeamJacob always!