Many people suffer from swollen legs. This unpleasant condition is caused by various factors, including unhealthy diet, poor blood circulation, weight gain, menstrual cycle, and pregnancy. But did you knew that there are some amazing home remedies to treat this problem?
Swollen legs can be severely painful and uncomfortable. To quickly relieve it, you should raise the legs up at about 30 cm height, while in a lying position.
Parsley tea is an amazing and most efficient natural remedy in the case of swollen legs, because it removes the excessive amounts of fluids from the body.
Parsley is a considered as a natural diuretic.
Parsley is extremely beneficial for many health related issues and wellbeing. Numerous studies confirm this. One particular study, published in 2002 in the Journal of Ethnopharmacology says that “parsley has the role of a natural diuretic.”
This comes due to its ability to inhibit the sodium and potassium ion pumps, and simulate the urine flow and osmosis in the process.
Rich in potassium which is a mineral necessary for the heart, kidneys, and other organs to work normally, parsley is essential to the body.
This herb does not cause side effects, and improves the overall organism performance, unlike other artificial diuretics which can decrease potassium levels.
Another Brazilian study conducted in 2009 “Diuretic and hypotensive activity of aqueous extract of parsley seeds”, emphasizes the high properties of parsley and its powers to improve urine flow and regulate the blood pressure simultaneously.
Dr. John R. Christopher, who is one of the most well-established herbalists in the US, explains that two quarts (64oz.) of raw parsley or parsley tea should be consumed daily. According to the expert, this brings optimal results in dealing with edema. Even a larger amount of parsley per day than the recommended dose will not cause unwanted side effects.
Raw and organic parsley are best for consumption. The leaves, roots, and seeds provide the best results and can improve your body.This is how to prepare parsley tea:
- Chop some fresh parsley leaves and roots finely
- Fill a pot with 500ml of water, and bring it to boil
- Add 5 teaspoons of the mixture in the water and boil for 5 minutes
- Then, leave the tea aside to cool down, for around 20 minutes
- Strain it, and consume it 3 times daily. Soon, you will notice the effects, and the swellings will reduce
* This information is meant to supplement, not replace advice from your doctor or healthcare provider and is not meant to cover all possible uses, precautions, interactions or adverse effects. This information may not fit your specific health circumstances.