It seems that nowadays you can’t go even five minutes without someone mentioning a thigh gap. It’s all total nonsense though, and here’s not just one reason why, but twenty!
1. Stephen Colbert uses Spongebob to explain that this is a complete fad
This is more funny than it is true, but hey, what’s wrong with funny?
2. The chances are higher to drop your phone in the toilet
3. You can give your thighs nicknames
Like “thunder” or “lightning”
4. You can hold more puppies on your lap
Therefore, you win.
Source: Pinterest | MelanieJoyBeam.
5. You can always count on Amy Schumer to be there for us.
6. That last bite always counts
7. A lack of a thigh gap basically means that you have your own personal cheerleader when you run
8. What exactly is the matter with having a pair of thighs that can save your snacks if you drop them?
Source: Pinterest | JekyllHYDE Apparel
9. There are pretty cool Disney characters that represent a curvy body type and don’t need any saving
Proof that Disney was familiar with actual human proportions right here:
Source: Imgur | followthespiders
10. Just in case your car doesn’t have a cup holder…
11. A thigh gap brings you one step closer to being a mermaid
12. It’s just better to live without a thigh gap
If you’re doing your best to get rid of it, you’re just trying to make your body into something it wasn’t meant to be.
13, Pick your poison
(Figure of speech, obviously. Pizza is not poison. Pizza is the best)
14. Taking the phrase literally
I prefer this type of thigh gap, to be honest.
15. A happily married pair of thighs is the best kind
Source: Twitter | @Millie_Dollar
16. Pay gap? The glass ceiling? You get it.
17. I mean seriously, do you need another reason?
18. Speaking of Beyoncé…
You can dance to “Bootylicious” and feel very accomplished about it.
19. Marilyn Monroe didn’t have a thigh gap
Need I say more?
20. Remember the main part
We have to love our bodies regardless of our imperfections.