Demi Gene Guynes is an American actress, former songwriter, and model. Just as many people who are quite successful did, she dropped out of high school at the age of 16 to dedicate herself to learning the ropes of the acting guild. Needless to say, she succeeded.
Her first major role was her portrayal of Jackie Templeton in the soap opera General Hospital.
What I remember her for is her role in Indecent Proposal, but by the time she played in this movie, she was already established as an upcoming star and someone to look out for.
In 1996, Moore became the highest-paid actress in film history when she was paid a then-unprecedented $12.5 million to star in Striptease.
When it comes to her personal life, she has been married three times, her first husband being Freddy Moore, whose last name she kept as her stage name, then Bruce Willis, with whom she has three daughters, and lastly, Ashton Kutcher who was 15 years her junior.
1. Her name is readily recognizable, yet not many people know that the spelling of her name is not “DEM-ee”but “deh-ME”.
2. Demi started playing Jackie Templeton at only 20.
3. However, her real breakthrough came the year that followed, when she starred as an unstable member of a group of college friends in St. Elmo’s Fire.
Subsequently, she, along with co-star Emilio Estevez (to whom she was engaged for three years), Rob Lowe, and Ally Sheedy, became a member of the infamous “Brat Pack.
4. She has been married three times, her latest and last beau being Ashton Kutcher.
5. Moore married her second husband, actor Bruce Willis on November 21, 1987. They divorced in 2000 but remain close friends.
6. They have three beautiful daughters together, Rumer, Scout and Tallulah.
7. Ghost put Moore on the map and secured her a place on the A-list. She was given the role due to her ability to verily portray states of deep sadness.
8. She was the first female actor to attain the title of highest-paid actress due to her $12.5 million paycheck for her role in Striptease.
9. Demi was a big supporter of Susan Boyle’s during her run on Britain’s Got Talent.
10. Demi is considered “the world’s most high-profile doll collector” with a collection of above 2,000 dolls.
11. Initially, she started as a songwriter.
12. Actor Bruce Willis and actress Demi Moore attended the “When Harry Met Sally” Beverly Hills Premiere on July 13, 1989 at the Samuel Goldwyn Theatre in Beverly Hills, California.
Demi Moore rocked a pixie haircut that would set a trend of thousands wearing the same haircut. Pixie haircut was huge in the 1990s and Demi was one of the rare who looked sultry and edgy at the same time rocking it.
13. Demi Moore is set for a recurring role on Fox’s hit hip-hop drama series Empire. She’ll play a take-charge nurse with a mysterious past.