They say you learn something new every day. You may think you know a lot of things, but in actuality, you might be doing something wrong, and you’re not even aware that you are!
Here are 26 things that you might have been doing wrong all your life, as well as how to do them properly, in this gallery brought by Diply.
1. Slice a loaf of bread from the bottom
That way you won’t destroy it.
2. Stick your fork in the Oreo filling for the optimal dunking experience
Source: Instagram | @twelve_point
3. Кеep your shoes in the line and enjoy a seat
Standing for hours just gets exhausting.
Source: Twitter | @Hugodixon
4. Pull your sleeve to take your shirt off the easiest way
Source: YouTube | CrazyRussianHacker
5. A shaver will do the job in a case like this
Source: One Good Thing by Jillee
6. You might know this already
But that’s what the hole in the tab of the can is used for.
Source: Reddit | triggerhoppe
7. Apparently, wrapping the cord around your ears will secure it while you’re moving
For me, my earphone always falls off but if it works for you then that’s fine.
Source: Life Hacker
8. Write letters on top of the words to hide them
Source: Reddit | yourmom46
9. Tie a knot in your plug to make sure it doesn’t move around too much
Source: Tumblr | stfuchristine
10. Wrap paper towels around a beverage and refrigerate it for a max of 15 minutes
It will get seriously chilled.
Source: Imgur | nomnomnetwork
11. Using the wrong type of plunger
The flange plunger (left) should be used in the toilet, whereas the cup plunger (right) should be used for the sink.
Source: Women You Should Know
12. The hook loops on your shopping cart are there to hang additional bags
Should you have any, of course.
Source: 22 Words
13. Peel the banana upside down
It’s less stubborn on this end.
14. How to arrange ham on your sandwich to make sure there’s ham on every bite you take
Source: Reddit | LauraJesson
15. A squat position is better than just straight sitting down
16. Use the “Press Here to Lock Roll” button to make sure your tinfoil doesn’t slide out when you open it
17. Some Monopoly rules to shorten (and heat up) the game
When a property is turned down by a player after landing on it, you’re supposed to let the other players bid for it in an auction.
18. Write notes on your bathroom mirror to make sure you won’t forget anything
And you’ll be able to clean it up easily.
Source: Reddit | cybrian
19. Use a cup to heat up two bowls in the microwave at the same time
Source: Reddit | [deleted]
20. Fold up your slice of pizza to make it easier to eat
21. Use these clip thingies to keep your potato chips fresh
Source: The Berry
22. Make a hole in the center of your food before heating it up
This way, it will heat up more evenly.
Source: Reddit | Omgpolly
23. Drilling these holes prevent that annoying bag suction
24. On some commercial aircraft, the thing used to lock the tray is actually a coat hook!
25. Stick your bobby pin in the other way
Source: Chelsey Rae
26. Stay flat while doing push-ups
Source: Shareef Academy
Have any other things that you think most people are doing wrong? Know how to do them correctly? Post them in the comments!