Historical photographs have an incredible power of transporting us to a different era and explaining the spirit of a time in a similar manner to a rich novel or a powerful feature film. Today, we have twenty photographs from different periods over the last century and a half, painting incredible pictures about bygone life and places.
If you are a fan of such photography, we are sure you will be pleased to check out another fascinating collection of famous black-and-white historical photographs which have been colored recently here.
1. A sixteen-year-old Arnold Schwarzenegger at his first bodybuilding competition
2. Surfers on wooden boards, 1922
3. A boy watches television for the first time through a shop window, 1948
4. Professor James Naismith, the inventor of basketball, playing the magical game with his wife
5. The Opening Ceremony of the XXII Summer Olympic Games, Moscow, 1980
Check out the video below for fifteen more astonishing historical photographs you probably never had the chance to see before.