If you think that your family spends too much money on Christmas decorations, you’re wrong, because the one place that really goes the whole hog for the holiday season time after time is the White House.
I mean, if we mortals had the President’s budget, that’s how our houses would look, too, wouldn’t you say? Continue scrolling for a gallery of pictures compiled by Aunty Acid to see how the White House dreams of a White Christmas.
1. Welcome to the White House at Christmas!
2. Once you’re inside, one of the first things you will see is this perfect gingerbread house
3. Snowy Christmas trees in the cross hall
4. The impressive East Room complete with a George Washington portrait
5. This year’s Christmas tree in the Blue Room
6. But the Christmas tree in the Red Room looks just as cute and fancy
7. The hallway in the East Wing looks a little bit scary, like a Halloween decoration
8. But when it’s lit like this, it looks spectacular
9. The Christmas candy in the Red Room matches every color perfectly
10. The profile views of past presidents are part of the decorations in the Green Room
11. A silhouette ornament that hangs in the window of the Green Room
12. A closer look at the nativity scene in the East Room
13. The decoration theme this year is Tchaikovsky’s Nutcracker Suite ballet
14. The first family’s official Christmas ornament
15. Theodore Roosevelt gets the mistletoe treatment in the White House
16. Definitely worth taking pictures
17. First lady Johnson looking down at the Christmas decorations
18. The China Room all set for dinner
19. First lady Melania Trump walking through the White House to check the decorations
20. She looks like coming straight from a Game of Thrones episode in this amazing picture
21. Taking in a small ballet performance
22. A unique indoor winter scene!
23. The first lady greeting guests
Have you seen photographer Pete Souza’s most fascinating snaps from Barack Obama’s time in the White House yet?