The world is full of weird, disturbing facts, not everyone is aware of. There are many mysterious things we will probably never uncover. With endless questions and not so many answers, even the supreme level of knowledge won’t help you know everything which hides under the veil.
Nevertheless, even if there’d be a box with all the universe’s answers, we would hesitate to open it, as there might be very unpleasant things you wouldn’t want to know. The more answers you have, the more responsibilities you got. The more you seek, the longer the questions’ list will become.
Sometimes it’s just better if you just sit in the comforting warm cocoon called ignorance, at least when it comes to some incredibly disconcerting factoids.
Before you go down below, you can choose the blue pill (leave the page), or the red pill (learn some disturbing and mind-blowing facts).
Those who chose the red one, follow me below:
1. As this is the very first fact on this list, let it be rather funny. “Everyday, one person takes the biggest p00p in the world and doesn’t even know it.” (actioncheese)
2. Back in 1983, the world was very close to a full-scale nuclear war between Russia and the US due to a false alarm.
Back then, Russia’s nuclear early-warning system spotted a missile launched from the United States, followed by up to five more. The Soviet Union’s strategy was an immediate and compulsory nuclear counter-attack against the United States, but it was the duty officer at the command center at that time, Stanislav Petrov, who dismissed the warning. It was later determined that the false alarm was caused by a rare alignment of sunlight on high-altitude clouds and the satellites’ Molniya orbits. So, your existence now is thanks to the level-headed behavior of a single man. (Tastypies)
3. While you are reading this, there are tiny little bugs living on your face and chewing on your dead skin. You’re welcome! (yeesh_kabab)
4. Sometimes, you have to pay more than 30$ for a dose of ibuprofen in America’s hospitals. (Beestorm)
5. In case you are at a certain distance from a nuclear explosion, it won’t kill you immediately but instead, throughout your whole body, you will have third-degree burns. Because your nerves will be dead, you won’t feel pain. (geogoose)
6. Brain aneurysms, which is a bulge in a blood vessel in the brain which causes bleeding into the brain, can happen whenever, wherever. (ion_force)
7. There is a gazillion of illnesses that aren’t curable or even treatable. There are also many illnesses which even doctors have never heard of and don’t know the cause. (JosephStash)
8. There are at least 8 nuclear weapons that are known to be missing. (seanprefect)
9. You won’t be able to know if you’ve gone insane. (black_fire)
According to motorboat_murderess, patients suffering from Alzheimer have lucid days when they realize how much of their mind they’ve lost. Some break down in tears, asking for someone to kill them.
10. “The first firefighter killed responding to the 9/11 attacks was struck dead in the courtyard by a falling body. Two people, killed simultaneously – one on his way in, the other on their way out.” (RecklessNotNegligent)
Dive deeper into the world’s weirdness: These Weird Pictures Are Eye-Opening And Fascinating At The Same Time