We all love our grandparents, but we rarely think of their lives when they were young. Some of them have been through much and have seen war, so much conflict, and so many changes. In a way to honor them and show their love and appreciation for them, people around the world are attempting to recreate their favorite photos of their beloved grandparents. You can see that genes are a powerful thing. And what’s better to prove their power than photography.
These 30 pictures, compiled by Bored Panda, are a testimony of individuals bonding with their ancestors on another level.
1. A couple tried to recreate a picture of the girl’s grandparents
2. 3 generations of firefighters: from left – grandfather Colin Gunn in 1966, father Nick Gunn in 1988 and son Owen Gunn in 2015
3. Grandmother and granddaughter
4. Recreating a great-grandmother’s 1918 portrait
5. Genes are a powerful thing
6. A man standing next to his grandfather on the streets of Pleurtuit, France in 1944 and 2013
Source: Following the Golden Arrow
7. Some things never change
1st Gen (1989): Me, my dad, and my grandpa playing zelda on nintendo.
2nd Gen (2016): My son, me, and my dad playing zelda on Wii U
8. A guy recreating his favorite picture of his grandfather studying at Hitotsubashi University
9. Someones’ grandmother age 16 (1944) and granddaughter (2015)
10. A girl recreated her grandmother’s picture – 69 years later
11. The resemblance is uncanny
My Grandfather And I, 1965 And 2016