By now we have general knowledge that bees products should be one of the main ingredients when it comes to natural, organic ingredients incorporated in many aspects of your daily routine. While beeswax has been around for a long time used for candles and many other uses around the house. However, recently it is being used as a skincare product as well.
Using beeswax as a natural ingredient is beneficial since it has been proven that it can help to lower cholesterol, relieve pain, used for skin conditions such as eczema or psoriasis. Its uses go even further to being used in hair product creams. Beeswax for hair has quite a lot of benefits.
Now, beeswax is a natural, non-toxic product which is being used in skin care products such as moisturizers, gels, and other makeup products. The beeswax benefits for the face are a lot and today we are going to see how and why all of the sudden beeswax is used for the skin products. A 2007 study showed that beeswax is effective for your liver’s health as well.
Why Is Beeswax Good For Your Skin
Let’s break it down to a few properties that beeswax contains in which our skin can benefit from and how it helps keep the skin healthy.
- It has properties that help soothe, hydrate and moisturize the skin.
- It can be used from face products such as a moisturizer up until a lip balm.
- Can act as a thickener agent which will help the creams and makeup product spread evenly and easier.
- Contains Vitamin A which is proven to help cell reconstruction.
- Helps with acne because it won’t clog up the pores and will let the skin breathe instead.
- It preserves moisture, makes your skin stay hydrated.
- Will also help exfoliate the skin.
Beeswax Used For Stretch Marks
Beeswax is also known to be very beneficial when it comes to preventing or getting rid of stretch marks. If you are looking for an organic, natural way to do so then keep on reading for the recipe. You can do this DIY stretch mark cream at home with ingredients you probably already have.
- Olive Oil
- Coconut Oil
These are the main ingredients, you add extra oils such as Vitamin E. This vitamin contains vitamin E and A which help the skin’s elasticity and its antioxidant qualities will help the skin stay healthy and also maintain a strong immune system. Rosehip seed oil also helps with stretch marks, it heals and lightens the marks, it will also hydrate the skin while helping it get rid the stretch marks.
Here are the instructions on how you can do the beeswax cream at home. You can use the cream up to two times a day until you have reached the desired effect.
- take a cup of olive oil
- a cup of coconut oil
- half a cup of beeswax
- put them in a mason jar (or any glass container you have)
- place the container in a pot with boiling water in it
- let the ingredients melt and mix together
- stir occasionally to help them incorporate together.
Hope you found this information useful, follow us in the next article.