Our grandparents might have lived in a different time than we do. Life to them might have been a tad more difficult. They might have not known the world as we do, and their possibilities of building bridges with the world weren’t as big as they are now. However, although their possibilities might have been limited, they sure knew how to live. And what’s for sure, they received more hand-written love letters than we do now.
One of the grandparents we are going to show you below even hung out with Einstein! And many of them were quite inspirational with their achievements. Scroll to see the pictures and let us know your thoughts in the comments’ section below.
1. “Grandma sent me a picture of my grandpa at my age to make me feel like shit.”
2. “My great grandfather gave Einstein violin lessons.”
3. “My grandparents wearing each other’s clothes. (1943)”
4. “My Grandmother, 1940s.”
5. “Last year I posted a pic of my Granny on the wing of my Dad’s cropduster plane ‘seconds’ before takeoff and people didn’t believe it…”
6. “This picture was next to her coffin at her funeral (late 60s or early 70s).”
7. “My granny – nicknamed Kidd – wasn’t allowed to join the Air Force because she was a woman. So she taught young men to fly in Stephenville, TX during WWII – 1940’s.”
8. “My grandfather the day before he shipped out with the Marines, 1941.”
9. “My grandmother right after she ran away from communistic Bulgaria to Germany (1978).”
10. “Photo of my grandfather exiting his plane after getting shot down.”
11. “My favorite picture of my grandmother. 1942. She’s strong, raised six children on her own after leaving an alcoholic husband. Worked 7 days a week as a cook in a gas station from 3 am – 5 pm. I would stay every weekend with her and sleep on the floor of the gas station back then. She’s amazing.”
12. “My Crazy Grandfather.”
13. “My grandfather was into cosplay before it was ‘the thing to do’.”
14. “My very cool grandpa in the 1950s holding a fish, smoking a cigarette, with a book tucked into his pants and cigarette pack in his sleeve.”
15. “My grandma smoking her cigarette on the farm. Wearing pants and doing whatever the hell she wanted. 1938.”
16. “I recently lost my grandmother to cancer. This will always be one of my favorite photo of her.”
17. “My grandmother with then-Mercury 7 astronauts John Glenn, Gus Grissom, and Alan Shepherd (September 14th, 1959).”
18. “My great grandfather showing off one of the horses he trained for World War 1 – Petawawa, ~1922.”
Wonderful! Any pictures you would like to add? Let us know in the comments’ section below.
You might also be interested in: 12+Times Grandparents Texts Made Everyone Go LOL-ing.