We all know that, for the most part, plastic wrap is used to cover food and store in the fridge to give it a few extra days of shelflife. However, like with many other household items, there are actually a lot of other uses for plastic wrap that you might not expect. Here are a few of them!
1. Stop spilling of fluids in your suitcase when you travel
Source: Wrapped In Rust
2. When moving, wrap your utensils in plastic wrap instead of packing them
Source: Frugal Coupon Living
3. Catch spills on your shelves by wrapping them in plastic wrap
Source: One Crazy House
4. Wrap an avocado faster to speed up riping
Source: Instagram | @rabbitlifestyle
5. Line paint trays in plastic wrap to keep them clean
Source: The Family Handyman
6. And another painting tip
Wrap your brush in plastic wrap if you’re taking a break so it doesn’t dry.
Source: Salvaged Inspirations
7. Label something fragile by wrapping it in plastic wrap and marking it with a Sharpie
Source: Oprah | ThinkStock
8. Fruit flies
Fill a jar with some juice or red wine, cover it in plastic wrap and poke a few holes in it. Flies will be attracted by the smell, they’ll fly in but they won’t be able to get out!
Source: Instagram | @__ladyland__
9. Wrap some of the plastic stuff around your camera lens for a blurred flare effect
Source: Light n Focus
10. Wrap your bowl and part of your mixer before turning the speed to high to protect from splatter
Source: Make Bake Celebrate
11. If you have no sippy cups…
…wrap the top of a regular plastic cup with plastic wrap and then poke a hole through the plastic with your straw.