Think back on your childhood, and who your first fashion inspiration was. In all likelihood, it was Disney princesses. How many little girls dreamed of growing up and becoming princesses, putting on the pretty, sparkly, full-length gowns and tiaras.
Naturally, as we grew older, our fashion tastes have changed, straying away from impractical gowns and tiaras, to things like high-waisted pants, mom jeans, and baggy sweaters – or whatever else your personal style is.
But do you ever think of what Disney princesses would wear if they lived in modern times? I mean, we might get an indicator of royal fashion from modern-day royal families, but let’s ignore that for a moment and imagine the princesses’ tastes from their personalities.
Well, scratch that – you don’t have to imagine at all since Russian artist Anastasia Kosyanova, 28, has answered the question for us. The Yessentuki-based artist is a fashion illustrator who shares and sells her art on her website, but she also giver her followers a glimpse of what Disney princess modern-day street fashion would look like, and we’ve got to say, she’s got it down pat. (Spoiler Alert: Of course Disney princesses like high-end fashion!)
Scroll down to see some of her illustrations:
1. Aurora holds on to her princess vibes.
2. Elsa is as professional and cool as always!
3. And Anna is again the opposite of her sister.
4. Mulan is still someone you would not want to cross!
5. Rapunzel likes casual and chic
6. Esmeralda is fierce and fiery!
7. Merida plays by her own rules.
8. Tiana is simple elegance.
9. Belle is, obviously, bookworm chic!
10. Cinderella is about to lose another shoe – and steal another heart.
11. Vanellope is the cutest mini fashionista!
12. Pocahontas is the bad-ass we all want to be!
13. Tinkerbell is still going strong with the monochrome look.
14. And so is Snow White!
15. While Kida is all about the business casual look!
So, which one was your favorite? Was any of them your fashion twin? Let us know.