How great is it that our random acts of kindness and good deeds can make someone’s day?
With all the violence circling the world lately, it’s easy to forget that there are people doing good deeds in this world and trying to make the world a better place. I mean, if you turn on any TV news station, you will see a huge amount of negativity, which can be really overwhelming.
Nevertheless, there are countless people who do small yet wonderful things out of the goodness of their hearts, without expecting anything in return. Good deeds don’t necessarily mean they have to be enormous to make a change. Even the smallest acts can have a great reward.
Below you will find a list of 16 small, but powerful acts of random people. These are the people we should all strive to remember more of, as they show that no matter how much evil there is, good will always prevail.
1. This girl was refused to be given service for the reason “she moves too much.” So, during her break, a cashier decided to buy nail polish and get this girl’s nails done.
Source: © Tasia Smith / Facebook
2. This blind expectant mother could actually touch her baby’s face before he was born with a 3D printed ultrasound.
Source: © troggbl / Reddit
3. On his 95th birthday, this lovely man said, “At least now I can stop worrying about dying young.”
Source: © Adam_Rennie / Reddit
4. After this farmer’s field of rice was destroyed by water, and her children were stuck in a flooded cave, she said, “It doesn’t matter. I only want the children to get out alive.”
Source: © ABC News / Twitter
5. This woman’s car was being flooded and she was trapped in it, a police grabbed a stone to break the glass and save her life.
Source: © Simon Maude/Fairfax NZ
6. “My granddad had to move to a nursing home due to his Alzheimer’s getting worse. Whenever I visit him with my daughter, he lights up, and acts like he isn’t old anymore.”
Source: © JosephKerr / Reddit
7. An artistic soul, a big heart. We need more people like this.
Source: © MarryMeALot / Reddit
8. “I sold my truck to pay for her surgery.”
Source: © jettrush26 / Twitter
9. A soldier suffering from shell-shock.
Source: © Rare Historical Photos
10. “My graduating class and our 92-year-old classmate.”
Source: © Chasep7 / Reddit
11. “Today a tired little bee landed on my jacket. I offered it some jam from my donut, which it happily licked up, getting the energy to fly off again.”
Source: © YoureNotAGenius / Reddit
12. “My wife and I were worried our daughter would have a hard time making friends in kindergarten. Turns out I have a different problem on my hands.”
Source: © robinson217 / Reddit
13. Seeing fathers doing their daughter’s hair is the sweetest moment ever.
Source: © MashedPotatoh / Reddit
14. Just trying to prove: ‘All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.’
Source: © AlexanderBlum / Reddit
15. “It’s not always easy being a single dad, but sometimes I get to experience some things other dads might not.”
Source: © blatzphemy / Reddit
16. This girl’s doll lost its leg, and her reaction was such a heartwarming one. She said to her, “It’s okay, I love you the way you are.” So, her parents got her doll a wheelchair.
Source: © LXDTS / Reddit
You may also want to read: 15+ Pictures That Prove That There Are Still Good People In This World