Disney and cartoon characters have been an endless source of inspiration to many artists around the world. Isabelle Staub, an artist from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania who specializes in portraiture and character design used her skills to turn these unforgettable characters and popular culture icons into lifelike creations. Her new characters are unique and are unlike anything you’ve seen before!
Isabelle got her inspiration from Dinsey princesses, as well as Powerpuff Girls, or even Pennywise the Clown. Other influences include the films of Quentin Tarantino, with the end result being unseen (and sometimes unlikely) renditions of well-known characters.
“From the moment I could hold a pencil, I was drawing and creating everyday,” Staub explains. “Art is a direct reflection of the artist. As such, my artwork is a reflection of who I am, constantly evolving and improving and not limited to one medium or style. I let my art tell viewers a story, connecting them to a place, time and emotion. I pour my heart, mind and soul into every piece I create.”
Here are some of Isabelle Staub’s best creations, collected by BoredPanda.
More info: Isabelle Staub | Instagram | Red Bubble
1. Buttercup, The Powerpuff Girls
2. Pocahontas, Pocahontas
3. Mulan, Mulan
4. Tiana, The Princess and the Frog
5. Kidagakash Nedakh, Atlantis: The Lost Empire
6. Nani, Lilo & Stitch
7. Ariel, The Little Mermaid
8. Meg, Hercules
9. Penny Proud, The Proud Family
10. Debbie Thornberry, The Wild Thornberrys
11. Kim, Kim Possible
12. Cinderella, Cinderella
13. Snow White, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
14. Belle, Beauty and the Beast
15. Jessica Rabbit, Who Framed Roger Rabbit
16. Esmeralda, The Hunchback Of Notre-Dame
17. Bliss, The Powerpuff Girls
18. Anastasia, Anastasia
19. Blossom, The Powerpuff Girls
20. Jasmine, Aladdin
21. Bubbles, The Powerpuff Girls
22. Moana, Moana
23. Pennywise, It
24. Aurora, Sleeping Beauty
Here are some obvious mistakes in popular Disney movies.