Scars can be beautiful because they often show that we survived something, whether that’s a fight with ourselves, with a disease, or with fate. While many decide to wear them proudly just as they are, there are many who want to add a little something extra, whether that’s to cover a bad memory or to just make it a little cooler than it is. I’m talking, of course, about tattoos.
There are many reasons one might decide to get a tattoo, like to honor a loved one, document a memory, or just because they like how it looks, but there are also many people who decide to get a tattoo over or based around a scar, and the results are just mind-blowing. Taking something that society considers “wrong” or “unattractive” and turning it into a little work of art just goes to show that there is beauty in everything.
So, scroll down to see some of the most interesting and beautiful tattoos designed around people’s scars.
1. Little fishy…
2. Pretty roses, because you kicked cancer’s ass!
3. Simple and beautiful!
4. Just perfect for a writer.
5. A beautiful explosion of colors!
6. You would never even know it was there!
7. Nothing that a needle and a bit of yarn can’t fix.
8. How gorgeous is this?
9. Absolutely stunning!
10. Hedgehogs really are the cutest!
11. There’s a bit of childhood you can never lose.
12. A helpful little reminder…
13. You are stronger than you think!
14. A compass that might help you if you’re ever a little lost.
15. Simple, but gorgeous.
16. Who said sleeve tattoos are too much?
17. Swirls and flowers, what can be prettier?
18. A dainty little reminder that you’re a survivor!
If you liked these, you can also check out: