The world is always developing with new ideas and inventions that are being made every day. In simply one year, so many things can change and let alone with the passage of decades. The curious minds of the planet are committed to making life and everyday routines simpler for each and every one of us. I mean, without talking about solving the mysteries of the universe and getting down to earth, it’s these simple things like the invention of the light bulb or even the evolvement of the internet that make every day living and the great inventions possible.
It is the little things that initially seem unimportant, that keep the world moving and developing, and thanks to the many great minds of the planet we have had the chance to notice change and contact people oceans away merely with the touch of a button (yes, I’m talking about technology). Now, we’re simply waiting for time-machines and teleportation devices to happen and we’ll be good. Heh.
So, in case you haven’t been on this planet for longer than 16 years, below you will find how the internet used to be like before you had access to it. Scroll to see and let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.
1. Printed directions from MapQuest.
2. Our web pages used to look something like this.
3. The setup we used to connect to the internet. Ah, the good ol’ days.
4. Playing music used to be fun.
5. The noise we had to hear in order to connect.
Source: IMGUR / imgur.com
7. It’s either one or the other.
A sentence I’ll never hear again: “Beth, get off the phone I need to use the internet!”
— Beth Stone Bivens (@beth_gucci) 25 February 2017
Source: Beth Stone Bivens
“Get off the internet, I need to use the phone” – words we used to say
— Shawn Reynolds (@ShawnReynolds_) 19 April 2017
Source: Shawn Reynolds
8. Downloading music on LimeWire and hoping it wasn’t a virus.
9. Installing internet using one of these.
Source: SchwiftyGameOnPoint / imgur.com
10. Times were tough, but we were tougher.
11. “The Netscape Navigator homepage on Aug. 9, 1995.”
Source: Netscape / reddit.com
12. MSN Messenger was what dreams were made of.
13. A search engine.
14. AIM screen names. Creativity at its finest. Nostalgia, go away.
Source: Zimbio / zimbio.com
15. Justin Timberlake must have been flattered.
16. Memorizing our ICQ numbers to chat with friends.
My oh my! Any thoughts or additions to the list? Let us know in the comments section below. We’ll be curiously reading.
You might also be interested in: These Epic ’90s Pictures Will Give You Instant Nostalgia.