Megan Barton Hanson Was Left Hospitalized Due To An Allergic Reaction To Hair Dye

Megan Barton Hanson spoke on “This Morning” about the terrifying allergic reaction to home dye which left her hospitalized.

On Thursday, the “Love Island” star revealed that her decision to go darker ahead of a planned trip to Coachella didn’t really go well as her face and hands swelled up so much due to the allergic reaction, she couldn’t even see.

The 24-year-old said:

I was extremely blonde [so it took a few dyes to get a darker result]. I already had a semi and a permanent brunette color on and I was flying out in a few days so I put another color on.

megan barton hanson allergic reaction

Megan told the audience she only dyed her natural hair and not her hair extensions. However, shortly after using the hair dye, the 24-year-old revealed her throat started to feel ‘sore’ and her ‘face started to swell.’

Initially, she ignored the symptoms thinking she was getting ill.

I went to bed early and woke up at 12. My hands were chubby, my face was really swollen and tight. I woke up again at five o’clock and it was so bad, I could barely open my eyes, it was so bad.

Megan revealed she called her mom asking what to do because she didn’t want to go to A&E with a ‘massive moonhead’ and shock everyone with her appearance.

And we all know how much trolling I’ve had from my before and after surgery pictures. I thought this is all I need now – me with a massive moon head.

megan barton hanson allergic reaction

The 24-year-old said when her mom saw her she burst into tears. Megan added “You know when your mum starts crying, it must be bad.”

At that point, Megan said ‘I was crying myself’, her head was heavy, and her eyes were so swollen she ‘couldn’t see a thing’. Her mom then decided to call an ambulance.

megan barton hanson allergic reaction

The 24-year-old shared the terrifying experience on Instagram a few days later, writing she was “Finally starting to feel a little more human again.”

 

 

Read also: A French Teenager’s Head Doubles In Size Due To An Allergic Reaction