At some point in our internet history, we all saw one or two memes of Pepe the Frog, if not more. Despite its popularity, the frog is yet a controversial internet meme. After all, we might not agree totally with the views Pepe represents, but we all wonder what he would look like in the style of the Italian Renaissance artist Leonardo da Vinci.
The character of Pepe – the frog with the humanoid body originates from a comic by Matt Furie called Boy’s Club.
It turns out that the Russian artist Olga Vishnevsky is obsessed with Pepe and she creates breathtaking paintings of it which make many people want these paintings hanged in their homes.
Known with her Instagram account: pepeangelo, this artist wrote on her profile that her paintings are the “rarest Pepes in your life”. Well, we don’t doubt it! Although she paints them in Russia, you can have one of her masterpieces if you shop them online on Etsy.
Take a look at some of the best works of this artist portraying Pepe in different scenes, and let us know for your favorites in the comments section:
1. The artist said on her Instagram post that this was one of her greatest paintings! It took her about 3-4 months to finish it and the painting’s size is 110×220 cm.
2. This was only the first draft of this majestic painting…
3. Pepe the Frog Bathing of the Red Horse.
4. ‘Pepe Neo’.
5. “The Dreamers”.
6. New Mona Lisa Pepe by Lena Mironova!
7. Pepe the Girl with the Earring by Jan Vermeer.
8. Pepe wants to drink.
9. ‘Pepe in a Starry Night’.
10. Pepe displaying his irritation with his controversial memes.
11. Pepe Henry VIII.
12. What impressive and beautiful works of art one would say!
You might also be interested in: Russian Artist Depicts Her Daily Struggles In Funny Comics And We Can Relate
You can shop for this artist’s paintings here.