You hear it all the time: becoming a parent is the biggest joy a person can experience. The moment you first look into your child’s eyes you’ll finally know what unconditional love feels like.
You know what else I imagine you’ll see when you first look into your child’s eyes? A very long and exhausting life looking after them (and damn it, loving every moment of it because you love those little suckers.)
Okay fine, I can’t really relate, with not being a parent myself, but I do have some experience with babysitting. And, honestly, every time I’ve had to babysit, I went home at the end of those few hours as an exhausted mess. Taking care of little children is hard! I can’t imagine what it feels like never getting a break.
I suppose you’ll have to develop a pretty strong sense of humor to deal with it. Like the people in the tweets below:
1. It’s important to encourage your kids’ passion for art from a young age.
2. They do say you dream about whatever has been on your mind lately.
3. Someone call the FBI, this guy’s cracked the code.
4. Can you blame him for wanting his sister to be cool? I’d say that’s just brotherly love.
5. What horror movie is this from?
6. She’s a strong independent woman, Kate!
7. So young, and she already knows what she wants and will get it.
8. I think she’s entering the rebellious teenage-years phase way too soon.
9. When you get the address, be a darling and share?
10. It’s even worse because there’s no school tomorrow.
11. Does he tell people to leave a thumbs up when asking if they like his outfit?
12. Parenting done right.
13. Mark your territory, exert your power. No more letting them walk all over you.
14. “Whose child is this? Where is the mother of this child, because it’s sure-as-hell not me!”
15. Ahh, they do say there’s no greater joy in life than becoming a parent.
16. He gave himself a break, you mean.
17. It’s just the kids who have days off.
18. Never knew paranoia was a side effect of parenting.
19. And watch as they break things? That can’t end right…
20. Well, kids do say the darndest things so, that’s probably not that far off…