“Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.” – Maya Angelou.
In a world that’s constantly giving our bad news after bad news, seeing something beautiful and pure can be like a breath of fresh air. It can make our hearts fill with warmth, and our chest squeeze painfully from the beauty of what we’re seeing. Especially if it’s a picture that shows true love.
And I’m not just talking about romantic love. Our lives are and will be filled with people we care about, and only one ( or a handful) will be true romantic love. A study once found that people fall in love an average of four times in their lives, but that’s only when it came to romantic partners. It doesn’t count our family, our friends, our pets, or even our love for strangers. In this case, the people you love can be endless. At least, that’s what I believe.
So, to bring some joy in your day, scroll down to see a list of pictures that show true love – of any kind.
1. The first gay couple to get married in France after same-sex marriage was legalized kissing on the balcony of City Hall in Montpellier.
2. No truer love than a mother’s love…
3. … or that of a father!
4. The best of friends…
5. The very definition of “in sickness and in health”.
6. Children protecting a stray dog from the rain in Mumbai, India.
7. A soldier meets his newborn daughter for the first time.
8. A young boy playing the violin at the funeral of his violin teacher.
9. Festival-goers hoist a man up at a concert in San Francisco.
10. Two brothers, one from North Korea the other from South Korea meeting after 60 years apart.
11. A soldier reuniting with his family after 3 years.
12. A couple (named Albert and Alberta!) who have been married for 66 years, and are still as in love as ever.
13. Little girl running to hug her father hello after he comes back from work in 1942.