Cats are pretty curious creatures, aren’t they? They simply want to run and play constantly.And sleep. A lot of sleep. But they also like to chase insects, like bees and wasps. So, just like humans, they can accidentally come in contact with an insect and get stung by it. We feel you, kittens.
Of course, most of the time, felines gets stung on their faces because they investigate the bee or the wasp really close. The paws are also the other part they usually get stung since they are trying to catch the insect with them. For the most part, they just feel a slight pain when it happens, but the situation can sometimes get a little bit more intense.
If your cats get stung by a bee, they will probably show signs of pain in the muscles around the affected, swelling, fever, vomiting or fatigue. If they are experiencing shock (respiratory distress) their tongue turns blue. The swollen throat could suffocate your cat. You could remove the sting by scraping the stinger instead of squeezing it. However, if your pet is having a severe allergic reaction you should take it to the vet to get a shot to reduce the reaction. Take a look at this collection of cats, courtesy of Boredpanda, that lost their battle with the wasps or the bees.
1. Cat’s swollen nose after losing a battle with a bee. It is still so adorable, isn’t it?
2.This poor kitty’s right paw is almost twice the size of his other paw.
3. The cat with the swollen chin.
4. The cat who tried to eat bees
5. This one also got stung by bee on the right paw.
6. This one ate a wasp… and now it looks like Jay Leno.
7. It acts like nothing happened.
8. This one was just trying to play with the bees.
Not a good idea, pal.
9. My roommate’s cat had a fight with a bee.
10. This is Huxley. This sunny day he decides to eat a bee.
11. Poor Alice got stung by a bee on her left paw.
12.This cat is going full Jay Leno today.
13. Tango had a swollen chin
14. Cringer ate a spider.Who needs lip fillers?
15. Sylvester after losing his first fight with a bee.
16. I was simply playing with a bee.
I hate my life now.