Time to show off your cooking skills, except for eating ones! If you are searching for the perfect dessert recipe, I got to say you are lucky!
Lauren Conrad, a 32-year-old American television personality, fashion designer, and author, who took the world by storm with her two well-known fashion lines, nine published books, and a lifestyle blog, is here to show us one of her favorite recipes; pumpkin pie.
She shared the recipe on her blog and wrote: “From apple to peach and every berry in between, I love experimenting with new recipes that put my pie making skills to the test. But when it comes to pies, sometimes the simple ones are best and that’s why I love pumpkin pie.”
A scroll down and you will see all the ingredients and the directions:
For the crust:
1 ½ cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup granulated sugar
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
For the filling:
¾ cup packed brown sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
½ teaspoon ground ginger
1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 large eggs
1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
1. Preheat the oven to 375 ̊F
2. For the crust, mix sugar, the graham cracker crumbs, and melted butter in a food processor until it looks like wet sand
3. Put the mixture in a 9-inch pie pan and with your hands press it over the bottom and up the sides of the pan
4. For the filling, mix cinnamon, ginger, brown sugar, cloves, and salt in a bowl
5. Beat two eggs in a large bowl and then add the pumpkin puree and stir them together
6. Add the sugar-and-spice mixture and stir thoroughly, while slowly adding the evaporated milk
7. Pour the filling into the crust and sprinkle with the nut-meg. Cover the pie with aluminum foil to keep the crust from burning.
8. Bake for 15 minutes. Then, set the oven temperature to 350 ̊F and bake for 40 to 50 minutes more.
As for her cooking secrets, Lauren told Redbook, “I like to focus on the prettier parts of life, but that doesn’t necessarily represent all of it. There’s such a high standard now to do everything and have it all look picture-perfect. You’re not going to enjoy the pretty things if you’ve been up all night doing them. Your life isn’t supposed to be Pinterest.”
Bon appétit and Happy Thanksgiving!