The idea of transforming contemporary or classical paintings into pictures has been here for a while now. It is amazing how real life people recreate these paintings that are sure to entice the art lover’s eye.
The ongoing project “Take a photo of the Rembrandt type” is a project that was here since last December. So, lovers of photography had to submit their own recreations of famous artworks. But the project wasn’t limited to only Rembrandt’s artwork – you’ll see the recreated paintings of Gustav Klimt, Egon Schiele, Pierre Bonnard and many more. According to Boredpanda, the project received more than 300 submissions but we’re going to list down only a few. You’ll be surprised by the results as they are not only realistic but some of them are also hilarious.
See below some great examples of paintings that have been reproduced creatively by a few very crafty art lovers with photo cameras!
1. Wladyslaw Theodor Benda – illustration from Hearst’s International
2. Orest Kiprensky – Poor Lisa
3. Gabriel Ferrier – Le Soir
4. Piero della Francesca – The Duke of Urbino
5. A recreation of Gustav Klimt’s paintings
Photo Credit: Viktor Brig
6. The White Cat – Pierre Bonnard
7. Salome with the Head of Saint John the Baptist – Bernardino Luini
8. Wladyslaw Theodor Benda – illustration from Hearst’s International
9. Gustav Klimt – The Kiss
10. Seated Woman with Bent Knee – Egon Schiele
11. Girl with a Pearl Earring by Johannes Vermeer
12. Woman in a Black Hat by Kees van Dongen
13. A little one girl with her dog
14. The woman with the flower
15. Perseus with the Head of Medusa – Benvenuto Cellini
16. Arthur Hughes – In the Grass
17. The unbelief of the Apostle Thomas – Michelangelo Merisi de Caravaggio
18. The girl thinking
To see more go to vk.com.
You might also be interested in: Russian Artist Creates Breathtaking Paintings Featuring ‘Pepe The Frog’ Meme