The world is divided into two kinds of people: dog people and cat people. While there are people who are in neither category or love both animals equally there is actual research to back up the claim that people who have a preference for cats differ than those who prefer dogs.
For one, a 2010 study at the University of Texas found that cat people were more susceptible to anxiety, worry, fear, or depression, but were also more philosophical, creative and non-traditional than dog people, who were found to be more social and outgoing. Another study in 2014 at Carroll University, Wisconsin found that cat lovers were more introverted, open-minded and sensitive, as opposed to the outgoing, energetic, and rule-abiding dog people, but they also scored higher in intelligence tests.
What I’m saying is, our preference for one pet over the other might actually indicate our own nature. Since dogs are more social creatures their owners tend to be so as well, and since cats are moodier the people they own are similar too. But while cats are known for being these majestic, regal creatures who look down on us, sometimes they can be downright ridiculous…
Such as the cats in the pictures below, for example:
1. Just taking a little nap…
2. Nothing to see here, just another cat taking a quick, normal nap…
3. “This is mine, and this is mine. They’re all mine, okay?”
4. Somehow I feel like I should report this to the principal’s office…
5. Because drinking water normally is so boring!
6. I don’t think this cat likes that wall very much…
7. “Don’t make a sound if you want to live…”
8. “Hmm, yes, I think I shall remain where I am…”
9. This is truly next-level acrobatics!
10. “Stop! Pay attention to me now!”
11. “I’m fine… Nothing to see here. Carry on.”
12. “What are you looking at? As if you could ever pull this off…”
13. “Ahh… finally! Some me-time.”
14. “These Ikea pets are so hard to assemble.”
15. Somehow, I already feel safer.
16. “What are you doing here? Get out! Haven’t you ever heard of knocking?”
17. “I take a nap right here!”
18. This load of laundry looks… a little weird.