Now Reading
Robert De Niro Curses Donald Trump At Tony Awards

Robert De Niro Curses Donald Trump At Tony Awards

De Niro appeared on stage at New York’s Radio City Music Hall to introduce rocker and Tony Awards performer Bruce Springsteen.

The Oscar-winning actor released an expletive reproach of President Donald Trump during the live television broadcast of Tony Awards ceremony on Sunday.

The expletive that De Niro made was heard by those who were there in the audience and the journalists that were covering the awards show; a show which honors the best of Broadway theater.

robert de niro

De Niro appeared on stage at New York’s Radio City Music Hall to introduce rocker and Tony Awards performer Bruce Springsteen.

De Niro said, without any introduction beforehand:

“I’m gonna say one thing. F*ck Trump.”

The audience which consisted of actors, directors, and producers gave a standing ovation to De Niro while he continued on saying,

“It’s no longer down with Trump. It’s f*ck Trump.”

robert de niro

72nd Annual Tony Awards – Show – New York, U.S., 10/06/2018 – Actor Robert De Niro speaks before introducing Bruce Springsteen’s performance

 

Nevertheless, a CBS spokeswoman said that the expletive of De Niro was bleeped by the CBS for the millions of television watchers at home.

A CBS statement said:

“Mr. De Niro’s comments were unscripted and unexpected. The offensive language was deleted from the broadcast.”

Neither the White House nor CBS did not return a request for further comment.

See Also

The Tony Awards show was seen by some six million Americans last year.

Source: Euronews (عــربي)

The Oscar-winning actor, Robert De Niro urged the audience that consisted of actors, actresses, directors, and producers to vote in November. Right after that, he applauded Bruce Springsteen for his own political commitment before the singer sat at a piano for a moving performance based on his “Springsteen on Broadway” show that had him singing his classic hit, “My Hometown.”

Out of Tony Awards: It is speculated that Imperative Entertainment eventually won out with a bid of $5 million, with Deadline now reporting the project has sparked the interest of an epic trio of creatives: Martin Scorsese and his frequent collaborators Leonardo DiCaprio and Robert De Niro may all join forces together for the first time on the film.

 

Read also: Kim Kardashian Responded To The People Who Said She Met With Trump For Publicity

 

From: Reuters

© 2020 MetDaan. All Rights Reserved.

Scroll To Top