We’re all guilty of spending a bit too much time online, whether it’s on our phones or our other electronic devices. Frankly, that is all that we do and we surely need to change it up a bit. Being in front of a screen all the time is not the best thing to do. It can have a few health risks, which we won’t get into details of, and also social skill risks that might affect us in one way or another. However, we are not completely a lost cause, there are still things that might seem too intriguing or fun that will make you forget about your phone for a second or two.
Let’s dive into these fun things to do when you need a well-deserved internet break.
1. A Scrabble game for all the word aficionados that can’t wait to whip up their vocabulary knowledge *cough* English Majors *cough*. This is a definite multiple-hours-spent-away from the phone game worth playing.
2. The LEGO Architect Book to spend your time building step-by-step buildings from all different eras. So much better than sitting on your couch watching youtube videos on modern architecture buildings.
3. A Harry Potter-inspired cookbook with over 150 recipes to have you spending time in your kitchen making Cauldron Cakes and other magical treats.
4. An Everyday Mindfulness word search book for you to find words and interesting topics to think and talk about. A very fun way to tease your brain and soothe your mind from the internet chaos.
5. This one is for the child in you who still wants the fun snow-ball fights. A fun indoor game to have you running around for hours and enjoying valuable friendship time.
6. A dream come true. This fun coloring-booklet is everything you ever needed for your perfect self-made comic book. It comes with all the necessary colors and pencils and you can even mail it to the given address and you will receive your bound-book comic. *happy shriek*
7. An Escape Room game that comes with three scenarios (The Dentist, Secret Agent, and Space Station), with different levels of difficultness for the mystery inside you.
8. Digital Detox cards to further inspire you to stay away from the internet. It comes with over 100 quotes and ways to beat technology addiction.
9. A set for gingerbread cookie cutting. It comes with all the shapes and figures for you to make the perfect Christmas gingerbread house. How fun!
10. The most efficient thing to keep the internet locked away. Yes, you’re seeing it right, a *cell* for your phone. A great way to have your friends over & enjoy your time together with your phones locked away!
11. A roses paint-by-numbers kit to release your inner artist and make a near-perfect painting for your house or office.
12. A full-body bath pillow to make you want to stay in the tub even longer. Definitely, a great way to relax and unwind. Oh, and it is machine washable and it dries quickly, no further problems here, just a lot of relaxation.
13. This will solve your puzzled thoughts about what to do at home. A wooden plateau to hold your puzzle pieces and keep the puzzle intact if you decide to walk away for a second.
14. Taking things to the next level of comfort with this adjustable bamboo Caddy Tray. Bringing everything you need & want with you to the bathtub so you can further relax and enjoy your alone time, away from the internet of course.
15. The Spontaneous game which requires a player to choose a word while the others think of a song with that word in the lyrics. You will surely have a fun time with your friends and all the correct singing notes.