Did you know that a study which compared the personality traits of “dog people” and “cat people” found those who like cats to be more philosophical, creative and non-traditional than dog lovers, but unfortunately, also more susceptible to anxiety, worry, fear, or depression? In another study, it was also found that cat people scored higher in intelligence tests than dog people.
Which, I suppose, it makes sense, since we all know when it comes to cats, we don’t really pick them – they pick us, and they probably go for the smartest of the bunch. Okay, okay, fine this last one is an unfounded claim I just made up and all animals are a delight and amazing in their own right, but this is a cat-appreciation post, se I had to spice it up a bit, right? (But the studies I mentioned earlier are 100% true.)
Scroll down to see just some really wholesome posts about cats:
1. This kitty who just wanted her human to pay attention to her
Mom sent a pic of dad trying to get the cat to stop disturbing him while he prays by giving my cat his own mini sejadah. Partly worked 😅 pic.twitter.com/yoXaQnPihq
— heidi (@Heidiabbyana) January 22, 2019
2. This one who just really likes the holiday season and isn’t ready for it to be over…
Source: u/gistya / Reddit.com
3. These two who are bickering like actual, human siblings
they won’t stop pushing eachother into the trash can pic.twitter.com/vJzkmdGTyE
— kitties!!! (@kittyposting) January 18, 2019
4. This sad, precious little kitty who seems to have had a rough day
5. Hello Marshall! I love you, Marshall!!
— Erika Strong (@Erika_Strong) January 23, 2019
Source: Erika Strong
6. This little guy who just really likes his spoon…
7. Finally! We can finally rest at ease. Thank you for this valuable information.
this cat here? this crying cat meme? this is my cat! her name is inkky and shes 8 years old!!! i want everyone who uses the meme to know who she is, just like cat no banana/anfisa! her twitter is @its_inkky ! pic.twitter.com/4rxHrxkhUC
— kiana🌻@amke f6 (@watery_day) January 21, 2019
Source: kiana 🌻@amke f6
8. This elegant lady who’s shocked at how good she looks!
9. This cat who despite what it seems like, is not a statue
idk how my boyfriends cat is real
he is constantly in state of blep and his name is Carl Sagan pic.twitter.com/T48dY55JXk
— MOTHICA (@dearmothica) January 20, 2019
10. This cat who just wanted to take a nap, and take it right here!
My cat ripped open my comforter just to sleep inside it. bye. pic.twitter.com/NiTjyvfbiT
— allie (@AlexandriaKells) January 22, 2019
11. This one who is a master of disguise!
12. And this little attention-seeker who fights for what she wants.
13. And this one who proved we don’t choose cats, they choose us.
This stray cat just showed up at a fire station and moved right in. But the guys were SO nervous about what would happen when the chief found out 🐈❤🔥 pic.twitter.com/Uqf1MTKm8X
— The Dodo (@dodo) January 25, 2019
Source: The Dodo
14. And this one, who also doubles as an alarm!